2. Which country has announced that it will launch its first Arktika-M satellite in Dec, 2020?
3. Who has won the 2020 Pulitzer Prize in Poetry, announced on May 4?
Ans. Jericho Brown.
4. “Tianwen-1” is the first Mars exploration mission of which country?
5. What is the theme of the 2020 World Press Freedom Day?
Ans. Journalism Without Fear or Favour.
6. Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave laboratory (LIGO) is located in?
7. According to the Open Budget Survey 2019, Which of the following country Topped in terms of budget transparency and accountability?
Ans. New- Zealand
8. Recently researchers have found the first known swimming dinosaur.The 100 million years old dinosaur discovered in the Sahara is ?
9. Which country will Host “World Cup U-19” in 2022 ?
Ans. West Indies
10. Which country tops in the 2020 World Press Freedom Index a report released by Reporters Sans Frontiers (RSF)?
11. Queen Elizabeth cancelled gun salutes and other ceremonial events on her ______ birthday due to Coronavirus?
12. Who was appointed as the new chancellor of Queen’s University Belfast in Ireland?
Ans. Hillary Clinton
13. The largest virus bank in Asia located in Wuhan, lately in news in regards to the lab conspiracy theory is?
Ans. China Center for Virus Culture Collection.
14. Which of the following country’s parliament approved a law that allows for the release tens of thousands of prisoners as a safety measure against the coronavirus outbreak?
15. For how many poorest countries the G20 have suspended debt payments as they wage an economic battle against coronavirus ?
16. Which of the following country has stopped it’s funding to world health organisation ( WHO)?
17. Who is the Current Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, the highest religious authority in the country?
Ans. Sheikh Abdulaziz al-Sheikh
18. When was the World Health Organisation established?
Ans. April 7th 1948
19. Which UN body adopted a resolution calling for ‘Global Solidarity’ to defeat COVID-19?
20. Which country will be hosting the 3rd Asian Youth Games in 2021?
21. Who has termed Coronavirus pandemic as the most challenging crisis since World War II?
Ans. UN Secretary General.
22. The US state department has accused which nation of secretly carrying out low-level underground nuclear test explosions?
23. South Korea’s ruling party has won by a landslide in the parliamentary election held in Apr, 2020, winning _______ of the 300 seats of the National Assembly?
24. Who has been named as The Leading Cricketer in the 2020 edition of Wisden’s Cricketers’ Almanack?
Ans. Ben Stokes
25. The virtual Summit of the Non Aligned Movement (NAM) on COVID-19 pandemic has been organised at the initiative of which country?
26. Recently, Denis Goldenberg passed away.He was a social activist of which country?
Ans. South Africa
27. On Apr 30,2020 which European country banned Hezbollah and designated it as a terrorist organisation?
28. On Apr 28, 2020 the 11th Petersberg Climate Dialogue was held virtually in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic for the first time. It was co-chaired by ___?
Ans. Germany and England
29. The official name of the virus causing the COVID-19 given by WHO is ___ ?
Ans. SARS-CoV 2
30. _____ is called the 'land of a thousand lakes'.