পরীক্ষা: ২০ ডিসেম্বর ২০১৯; সেট- এ
Section - A: BANGLA
Questions (01-16): Chose the correct answer
01. ক্রিয়ামূল, ক্রিয়ারকাল ও পুরুষ ইত্যাদি ব্যাকরণের কোন অংশের আলোচ্য বিষয়?
- (D) রূপতত্ত্ব।
02. দাপ্তরিক কোন শব্দটি ইংরেজি ভাষা থেকে আগত? - (B)এজেন্ট ।
03. গ্রিক শব্দ কোনটি? - (C )দাম।
04. কোন প্রখ্যাত পণ্ডিত ইংরেজিতে বাংলা ভাষার ব্যাকরণ রচনা করেন? - (A) ব্রাসি হালহেড।
05. বাংলা ভাষায় কতটি যতি চিহ্নের প্রচলন রয়েছে? - (C) ১২টি।
06. তস্কর-এর বিপরীতার্থক শব্দ কোনটি? - (A) সাধু।
07. ভূত-এর বিপরীতার্থক শব্দ কোনটি? - (D) ভবিষ্যৎ
08. নিচের কোনটি ব্যতিহার বহুব্রীহির উদাহরণ? - (B) কানাকানি।
09. অনুতাপ পদটির সঠিক ব্যাসবাক্য কোনটি? - (A)অণুকে (অণুতে) যে তাপ।
10. Forgery শব্দের বাংলা পরিভাষা - (D) জালিয়াতি।
11. কোনটি ক্ষুধার্ত শব্দের সন্ধিবিচ্ছেদ? - (A) ক্ষুধা + ঋত।
12. কোনটি শুদ্ধ বানান? - (C) নৈর্ঋত।
13. ভিষক শব্দের সঠিক অর্থ কোনটি? - (B) চিকিৎসক।
14. নষ্ট হওয়ার স্বভাব যার এক কথায় হবে? - (D) নশ্বর।
15. সাপের খোলসকে এককথায় বলা হয়- (C) নির্মোক।
16. বাংলা সাহিত্যের আদি কবি কে? - (A) লুইপা।
SECTION-B: ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Questions (17-21): Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
17. Many customers have requested that they ….. notice of our sales. - (B) receive.
18. The person … lost a briefcase may claim it in the lobby. - (C) who.
19. The vice-president will be seated …… the chairman at the banquet. - (A) by.
20. The head of operations ……… to the management convention. - (B) is going.
21. Visitors are reminded …. name tags at all times. - (C) to wear.
Questions (22-26): Read the following passage and answer the questions given below:
Speech is great blessings but it can also be great curse, for while it helps us to make our intentions and desires known to our fellows, it can also if we use it carelessly, make our attitude completely misunderstood. A slip of the tongue, the use of unusual word, or of an ambiguous word, and so on, may create an enemy where we had hoped to win a friend. Again, different classes of people use different vocabularies, and the ordinary speech of an educated may strike an uneducated listener as pompous. Unwittingly, we may use a word which bears a different meaning to our listener from what it does to men of our own class. Thus speech is not a gift to use lightly without bought, but one which demands careful handling. Only a fool will express himself alike to all kinds and conditions to men.
22. The best way to win a friend is to avoid - (D) ambiguity in speech.
23. While talking to an uneducated person, we should use - (C) his vocabulary.
24. If one used the same style of language with everyone, one would sound. - (A) foolish.
25. A ‘slip of the tongue’ means something said - (B) without giving proper thought.
26. Speech can be curse, because it can - (D) create misunderstanding.
Questions (27-32): Choose the correct word spelling from the given options.
27. (B) Dilemma.
28. (C) Fallacious.
29. (A) Supersede.
30. (B) Heterogeneous.
31. (D) Recession.
32. (C) Efflorescence
SECTION-C: GENERAL MATHEMATICS
Questions. (33-56): Read the following questions carefully and choose the right answer.
33. Two buses start at the same time from Delhi and Agra, which are 300 km. apart, towards each other. After what time will they cross each other if their speeds are 38 km per hour and 37 km per hour? - (A) 4 hours.
34. A and B can together complete a piece of work in 4 days. If a alone can complete the same work in 12 days, in how many days can B alone complete that work? - (C) days.
35. If (98.97)² X (15.05)² ÷ √624.89 =9n then the value of n is - (A) 3.
36. How many seconds will a 500 m long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr? - (B) 30.
37. A lent Tk. 5000 to B for 2 years and Tk 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and receive Tk 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is : - (D) 10%.
38. Nikki is 25% more efficient than Tina. Tina alone can build a craft in 20 days. Find the number of days taken by Nikki to finish the same piece of work? - (A) 16.
39. A man can reach a certain place in 40 hours. If he reduces his speed by 1/15th, he goes 5 km less in that time. Find the total distance covered by him. - (C) 75 km.
40. A man takes twice as long to row a distance against the stream as to row the same distance in favor of the stream. The ratio of the speed of the boat (in still water) and the stream is : - (Id) 3:1.
41. A, B and C investment in partnership in the ratio of 5 : 6 : 8. The ratio of their profit is 5 : 3 : 12. Find the ratio of time for their investment? - (A) 2 : 1 : 3.
42. A shopkeeper marks the price of an article at Tk. 80. What will be the selling price, if he allows two successive discounts of 5% each? - (C) tk. 72.2.
43. If √2ⁿ = 64, what will be the value of n? - (A) 12.
44. If 1/5 : 1/N = 1/N : 1/1.25, then the value of N is? - (D) 2.5
45. How many litres of 90% of concentrated acid needs to be mixed with a 75% Solution of concentrated acid to get a 30 liter Solution of 78% concentrated acid? - (B) 6.
46. The difference between the compound interest and the simple interest on a certain sum at 5% per annum for 2 years is Tk. 1.50. The sum is? -(D) Tk. 600
47. Two cards are drawn together from a pack of 52 cards. The probability that one is a spade and one is a heart, is: - (B) 13/102.
48. In a lottery, there are 10 prizes and 25 blanks. A lottery is drawn at random. What is the probability of getting a prize? - (c) 2/7.
49. A rectangular block 6 cm by 12cm is cut up into an exact number of equal cubes. Find the least possible number of cubes. - (B) 40.
50. The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5 : 1. If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle? - (D) 18 cm.
51. The difference between the length and breadth of a rectangle is 23 m. If its perimeter is 206 m. then its area is : - (A) 2520 m².
52. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely? - (B) 3 hrs 45 min.
53. For any two numbers m, n, (m+n) : (m-n) : mn=7 : 1 : 60. Find the value of 1/m : 1/n - (C) 3:4.
54. The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to the second is 2:3. And that of the second to the third is 5:8, then the second number is - (A) 30.
55. √0.01+√0.0064 = ? - (C) 0.3.
56. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as : - (D) 4% of a.
SECTION-D: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND BASICK COMPUTER
Question (57-80): Study the following questions carefully and answer the questions given below.
57. In which season do we need more fat? - (C) Winter
58. Normally the Commonwealth Games are held at intervals of - (A) 4 years
59. Penicillin is widely used as - (D) an antibiotic.
60. The company that has acquired interest in different industries by taking over or merging with other companies, is called - (B) conglomerate
61. The main reserves of phosphorus in the biosphere is in the - (C) lithosphere.
62. The headquarter of the International Committee of Red Cross is at - (A) Geneva.
63. The reaction which converts sugar solution into alcohol is an example of - (B) fermentation.
64. The scientist who first discovered that the earth revolves round the sun was - (D) Coperr icus.
65. The purest form of water can be obtained from - (A) heavy shower of rain.
66. The civilian Airport of highest altitude is in - (B) China.
67. First International Peace Congress was held in London in - (C) 1843 AD.
68. For galvanizing iron which of the following metals is used? - (D) Zinc.
69. A light sensitive device that converts drawing, printed text or other images into digital form is - (A) Scanner.
70. Which of the following is spreadsheet program? - (C) Ms-excel.
71. On which page the header or the footer is printed by default? - (A) every page.
72. To drag a selected range of data to another worksheet in the same workbook, use the? - (B) Ctrl key
73. Which among following is secondary storage device? - (C) Hard Disk.
74. Which type of network would use phone lines? - (D) WAN.
75. The blinking point which shows your position in the text is called - (A) Cursor
76. Which is not a font style? - (B) Superscript.
77. Which shortcut can be used to Switch between open workbooks? - (C) Ctrl + F6.
78. A device that connects to a network without the use of cables is said to be - (D) None of these.
79. Which of the following is the product of data processing? - (C) Information.
80. Use of incons and windows are characteristic of a - interface. - (A) graphical-user.