SECTION-B: ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Questions (01-05): Read the following sentences and select the option that corrects the underlined sections.
1. There are not many men who are so famous that they are frequently referred to by their short names only - (B) initials.
2. We demonstrated to them how we were prepared the artistic patterns. - (C) had prepared.
3. By such time you finish that chapter, I will write a letter. - (A) By the time.
4. She cooks, washes dishes, does her homework and then relaxing. - (D) then relaxes.
5. One of the most significant phenomenons of our time has been the development of cinema. - (B) phenomena.
Questions (6-10): Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
6. VORACIOUS - (A) Hungry
7. ADMONISH - (B) Reprimand
8. RECKLESS - (D) Rash
9. WRETCHED - (C) Poor
10. RESTRAINT - (B) Repression
Questions (11-16): Fill in the blank with right option.
11. ……Google and Facebook, as the largest platforms for content distribution, are said to be --- systems that will filter fake news. - (D) Both, creating
12. Laughter has a strong social ……… in bonding groups of people together and also helps make the message more …. . - (A) function, relatable
13. The …. of fake news is not new or recent, only its potential to reach people has …. due to online platforms and applications that are free. - (C) advent, amplified
14. The traditional practices of yoga lay great …. on the importance of ….. in the form of pranayama. - (B) emphasis, breathing
15. Special …. are made for their meals, but officials …. the long working hours without any over time. - (D) arrangements, rue
16. Fate smiles ….. those who untiringly grapple with stark realities of life. - (A) on
SECTION - A: BANGLA
Question (17-32) : Choose the correct answer.
17. কোনগুলো দেশী শব্দ?
- অপশনে সঠিক উত্তর নেই
18. বিধি শব্দটির বিপরীত শব্দ কোনটি? -
19. সূর্য শব্দটির বিপরীত শব্দ কোনটি?
(A) তপন (B) পবন (C) কানন (D) কোনটিই না।
- কোনটিই না
20. Referendum শব্দটির বাংলা পারিভাষিক কি? - (B) গণভোট
21. কোন সন্ধিটি নিপাতনে সিদ্ধ? - (A) পর +পর = পরস্পর।
22. কোনটি শুদ্ধ বানান? - (D) মূর্ধন্য।
23. দামিনী শব্দের অর্থ কি? - (B) বিদ্যুৎ।
24. ভূষণ্ডির কাক অর্থ কি? - (C) দীর্ঘায়ু ব্যক্তি।
25. কোন কবি নিজেকে বাঙালি বলে পরিচয় দিয়েছেন? - (A) ভুসুকুপা।
26. কোনটি ঈষৎ অর্থে অব্যয়ীভাব সমাস? - (C) আরক্তিম।
27. রূপক কর্মধারয় সমাসের উদাহরণ কোনটি? - (B) মনমাঝি।
28. ব্যাকরণের প্রধান কাজ হচ্ছে - (D) ভাষার বিশ্লেষণ।
29. কোনটি তৎসম শব্দ? - (B) চন্দন।
30. পেয়ারা কোন ভাষা থেকে আগত শব্দ - (C) পর্তুগিজ।
31. ভাষা মানুষের মুখ থেকে কলমের মুখে আসে, উল্টোটা করতে গেলে মুখে শুধু কালি পড়ে-কে বলেছেন - (A) প্রথম চৌধুরী।
32. কোন প্রবচনটি হতভাগ্য অর্থে ব্যবহৃত? - (C) আট কপালে।
SECTION-C: GENERAL MATHEMATICS
Questions (33-56): Read the following question carefully and choose the right answer.
33. In still water, a boat can travel at 5 km/hr. It takes 1 hour to row to a place and come back. If the velocity of the stream is 1 km/hr, how far is the place? - (A) 2.4 km.
34. Two men P and Q start from a place walking at 5 km/hr and 6.5 km./hr, respectively. What is the time they will take to be 92 km apart, if they walk in opposite directions? - (D) 8hr.
35. Two men, A and B, run a 4 km race on a circular course of 1/4 km. If their speeds are in the ratio of 5:4, how often does the winner pass the other? - (A) Thrice
36. A sum of money amounts to Tk. 6690 after 3 years and to Tk. 10035 after 6 years on compound interest. Find the sum. - (C) Tk. 4660
37. One card is draw at random from a pack of 52 cards. What is the probability that the card drawn is a face card (Jack, Queen and King only)? - (B) 3/13.
38. If two times of the daughter’s age in years is included to the mother’s age, the total is 70 and if two times of the mother’s age is included to the daughter’s age, the total is 95. so the mother’s age is - (C) 40.
39. A student multiplied a number by 3/5, instead of 5/3, What is the percentage error in the calculation? - (A) 64%.
40. Ten years ago, A was half of B in age. If the ratio of their present ages is 3:4, then what will be the total of their present ages? -- (B) 35 years.
41. The size of the wooden block is 5 X 10 X 20 cm. How many such blocks will be required to construct a solid wooden cube of minimum size? - (D) 8.
42. A tank is 25 m long, 12 m wide and 6 m deep. The cost of plastering its walls and bottom at 75 paisa per m², is: - (C) Tk. 588.
43. The difference of two numbers is 20% of the larger number, if the smaller number is 20, then the larger number is - (A) 25.
44. 12 buckets of water fill a tank when the capacity of each tank (buckets) is 13.5 liters. How many buckets will be needed to fill the same tank, if the capacity of each bucket is 9 liters? - (B) 18.
45. The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to second is 2:3 and that of the second to the third is 5:8, then the second number is : - (D) 30.
46. If k : 1 = 4:3 and 1: m = 5:3, then find k:1:m? - (A) 20:15:9
47. The value of - (C) 4
48. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 seconds. What is the length of the other train? - (A)230m.
49. Three partners shared the profit in a business in the ratio 5:7:8. They had partnered for 14 months, 8 months and 7 months respectively. What was the ratio of their investments? - (D) 20:49:64
50. In a class, three are 15 boys and 10 girls. Three students are selected at random. The probability that 1 girl and 2 boys are selected, is - (B) 21/46
51. An airplane flies along the four sides of a square at the speeds of 200,400,600 and 800 km/hr. Find the average speed of the plane around the field. - (C) 384 km/hr
52. X can complete a certain work in the same time in which Y and Z together can do it. If X and Y together can finish it in 10 days and Z alone in 15 days, then Y alone can do it in? - (A) 22 days (B) 25 days (C) 18 days (D) 20 days - সঠিক উত্তর 60 days
53. 98.98÷11.03+7.014X15.99=? - (D) 121
54. A and B start a business with initial investment in the ratio 12:11 and their annual profits were in the ratio 4:1. If a invested the money for 11 months. B invested the money for - (A) 3months
55. If m=74√3, then(√m+1/√m)=? - (C) 4
56. A container contains 40 litres of milk. From this container 4 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times. How much milk is now contained in the container? - (A) 29.16 litres
SECTION-D GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND BASIC COMPUTER
Questions (57-80): Study the following questions carefully and answer the questions given below.
57. Which among following is associatied with excel? - (A) Spreadsheet
58. The basic unit of a worksheet into which you enter data in Excel is called a - (C)cell
59. Wi-Fi uses - (B) radio-waves
60. What should be used if a company wants to include its company name and logo at the bottom of every page of a brochure? - (A) Footer
61. Protection and the Protect Sheet options can be selected from? - (D) Tools
62. In order to tell Excel that we are entering a formula in cell, we must begin with an operator such as - (B) =
63. The bar at the top of a window that bears the name of the window is known as - (C) Title bar
64. Different icons of application software can be found in which bar in latest version of Microsoft Windows? - (A) Star Menu
65. What is the Short cut key for line break? - (A) Shift + Enter
66. In which window we display data in the form of tables in a row or column format in MS- Access - (D) Datasheet
67. Verification of a login name and passward is known as: - (B) authentication
68. If you press -, the cell accepts your typing as its contents? - (B) Enter
69. The frequency of which of the following is the highest?- (B) Gamma rays
70. The first attempt in printing was made in England by - (D) William Caxton
71. Which company nicknamed is ‘Big Blue’? - (C) IBM
72. The headquarter of United Nations Fund for Programs Population Activities (UNFA) are at - (A) New York
73. The Law of Natural Selection is associated with - (B) Darwin
74. Guarantee to an exporter that the importer of his goods will pay immediately for the goods ordered by him, is known as - (C) Letter of Credit
75. Fathometer is used to measure - (D) Ocean depth
76. Lance Armstrong, a sportsperson of international repute, belongs to which of the following countries? - (A) USA
77. Study of life in outer space is known as - (A) exobiology
78. Stress test is related to assess health of which institution? - (A) Bank
79. Which one of the following is not the official language of United Nations Organizations? - (B) Portuguese
80. The normal threshold of hearing is around - (D) 25-45 db