প্রবাসী কল্যাণ ব্যাংক
পদ: এক্সিকিউটিভ অফিসার (সাধারণ)
পরীক্ষাঃ ১৮ অক্টোবর ২০১৯ SET: B
SECTION-A : BANGLA
Question (01-15) : Choose the correct answer
01. কোনটি বাংলা ব্যাকরণের শাখা নয়? - (C) ভাষাতত্ত্ব।
02. ক্ষীয়মান-এর বিপরীত শব্দ কি? - (A) বর্ধমান।
03. ঐহিক-এর বিপরীতার্থক শব্দ কোনটি? - (D) পারিত্রিক (পারত্রিক)।
04. কোনটি শুদ্ধ বানান? - (B) ত্রিহায়ণ।
05. লিঙ্গান্তর হয় না এমন শব্দ কোনটি? - (D) কবিরাজ।
06. ঝাঁকের কই বাগধারাটির অর্থ - (C) একই দলের লোক।
07. রাজা রামমোহন রচিত বাংলা ব্যাকরণের নাম কি? - (D) গৌড়ীয় ব্যাকরণ।
08. মৌলিক শব্দ কোনটি? - (B) গোলাপ।
09. কোন শব্দটি ফারসি? - (C) পেরেশান।
10. জ্যৈষ্ঠের বর্তমানে কনিষ্ঠের বিয়ে - কে একশব্দে বলে - (A) পরিবেদন।
11. যে সমাসের পূর্বপদ সংখ্যাবাচক এবং সমস্ত পদের দ্বারা সমাহার বোঝায় তাকে বলে? - (C) দ্বিগু সমাস।
12. আফতাব শব্দের সমার্থক কোনটি? - (D) অর্ক।
13. বৃষ্টি এর সন্ধি বিচ্ছেদ কি হবে? - (A) বৃষ্ + তি।
14. দোলনা শব্দের সঠিক প্রকৃতি প্রত্যয় কোনটি? - (A) দোল + অনা (B) দোল + না (C) দুল্ + না (D) দোলনা + আ [ Note: সঠিক উত্তর দুল্ + অনা = দুলনা > দোলনা ।]
15. ক্ষুধিত পাষাণ কোন সমাস? - (B) কর্মধারয় ।
Questions (16-20): In questions givens below, a part of the sentence is italicized and underlined. Below are given alternative to the italicized part which may improve the sentence.
Choose the correct alternative.
16. Will you kindly open the knot? - (A) untie.
17. No one could explain how a calm and balanced person like him could penetrate such a mindless act on his friends. - (C) perpetrate.
18. The greatest thing in style is to have a use of metaphor. - (A) knowledge.
19. If you are living near a market place you should be ready to bear the disturbances caused by traffic. - (C) to bear with.
20. During his long discourse, he did not touch that point.
(A) touch upon (B) touch on (C) touch of (D) No improvement
[Note : A ও B উভয়ই সঠিক।]
Questions (21-25) : Fill in the blank with right option.
21. Creative people are often…………… with their own uniqueness. - (A) obsessed.
22. Rainfall in the desert is not only low but extremely……… - (B) erratic.
23. If you smuggle goods into the country, they may be ….. by the customs authority. - (C) confiscated.
24. It is not - for a man to be confined to the pursuit of wealth. - (B) healthy.
25. - Pollution control measures are expensive, many industries hesitate to adopt them. - (C) Because.
Questions (26-30) : Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
26. DELAY : EXPEDITE - (C) detain : dispatch
27. SUBMISSIVE : DISOBEDIENT - (D) - observe : defy
28. ANARCHY : GOVERNMENT - (A) penury : wealth
29. EXCITE : CALM - (C) stimulate : cool down
30. LENGTHEN : PROLONG - (B) stretch : extend
Questions (31-60) : Read the following questions carefully and choose the right answer.
31. A man can walk uphill at the rate of 2.5 km/hr. and downhill at the rate of 3.25 km/hr. If the total time required walking a certain distance up the hill and return to the starting position is 4 hr 36 min. what is the distance he walked up the hill? - (D) 6.5 km.
32. A, B and C enter into a partnership with a certain capital in which A’s contribution is Tk. 10,000, A gets Tk, 500, B gets Tk. 300 then C’s capital is - (A) Tk. 4000 .
33. The marked price of an article is Tk. 500. It is sold on two successive discounts of 20% and 10%. The selling price of that article is - (C) Tk. 360.
34. If (p/q)n-1 = (p/q)n-3, then the value of n is - (A) 2.
35. A vessel is filled with liquid, 3 parts of which are water and 5 parts syrup. How much of the mixture must be drawn off and replaced with water so that the mixture may be half water and half syrup? - (C) 1/5.
36. One-fourth of the boys and three-eight of the girls in a school participated in the annual sports. What proportional part of the total student population of the school participated in the annual sports? - (A) 4/12.
37. If the rate of simple interest is 12% per annum the amount that would fetch interest of Tk. 6000 per annum is - (A) Tk. 50000.
38. The compound interest on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 10% per annum is Tk.420. The simple interest on the same sum at the same rate and for the same time will be? - (D) Tk. 400.
39. Tickets numbered 1 to 20 are mixed up and then a ticket is drawn at random. What is the probability that the ticket drawn has a number which is a multiple of 3 or 5? - (B) 9/20.
40. A bag contains 2 red Roses, 4 Roses. Two reses are drawn at random. What is the probability that they are not of same color? - (C) 2/3.
41. The sum of the present ages of a father and his son is 60 years. Five years ago, father’s age was four times the age of the son. So now the son’s age will be - (A) 15 years.
42. A hall is 15m long and 12m broad. If the sum of the areas of the floor and the ceiling is equal to the sum of the areas of four walls, the volume of the hall is: - (B) 1200m³.
43. A cylindrical rod of iron, whose height is equal to its radius, is melted and cast into spherical balls whose radius in half the radius of the rod. Find the number of balls. - (D) 6
44. A person’s present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old is the mother at present? - (C) 40 years.
45. The length of a rectangle is halved, while its breadth is tripled. What is the percentage change in area? - (A) 50% increase.
46. Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100kg fresh fruits? - (D) 40kg.
47. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled, three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely? - (B) 3 hours 45 min.
48. The salaries of A, B, and C are in the ratio of 1:2:3. The salary of B and C together is Tk. 6000. By what percent is the salary of C more than that of A? - (C) 200%.
49. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:7. If 6 be added to each of them, then they are in the ratio 5:9. find the numbers? - (A) 9 and 21.
50. 28√? + 1426 = ¾ of 2872 - (C) 676.
51. A bag contains 50 P, 25 P and 10 P coins in the ration 5 : 9 : 4, amounting to Tk. 206. Find the number of coins of each type respectively. - (D) 200, 360, 160.
52. Painter A can paint a house in 16 days, and painter B can do the same work in 20 days. With the help of painter C, they paint the house in 8 days only. Then, Painter C alone can do this task in - (A) 80 days.
53. A and B start at the same time with speeds of 40 km/hr and 50 km/hr respectively. If in covering the journey A takes 15 minutes longer than B, the total distance of the journey is - (C) 50 km.
54. A person borrows Tk. 5000 for 2 years at 4% p.a. simple interest. He immediately lends it to another person at 6¼% per annum for 2 years. Find his gain in the transaction per year. - (A) Tk. 112.50
55. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is: - (B) 3 : 2.
56. A tank has two leakages. The first leakage alone can empty the tank in 9 min and the second alone would have done it in 6 min. If water leaks out a constant rate, how long does it take both the leakage together to empty the tank? - (D) 3.6 min.
57. The time taken by a man to travel 36 miles downstream is 90 min less than to go the same distance upstream. The speed of the man in still water is 10 mph. Find the speed of the stream? - (A) 2 mph.
58. A boat runs at 22 km per hour along the stream and 10 km per hour against the stream. Find the ratio of the speed of the boat in still water to that of the speed of the stream. - (D) 8 : 3.
59. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit? - (B) 70%.
60. (52.02² - 34.01²) ÷ 17.99 x √? = 1720? - (C) 400.
SECTION-D : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & BASIC COMPUTER
Questions (61-80) : Study the following questions carefully and answer the questions given below.
61. The market condition when goods and service are not freely available and thus the prices are relatively high is called - (A) seller’s market.
62. The longest rail line of the world, Trans-Siberian line, is in - (B) Russia.
63. The lower limit of perpetual snow in mountains such as the Himalayas is termed as the - (D) snow line.
64. The significance of peace is denoted by which of the following symbol? - (A) Olive branch.
65. Radio link is a tool of banking communication in a - (B) Remote area.
66. A commonly used graphic format for the Web is - (A) GIF.
67. What is a portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options? - (C) Section.
68. Which key will open an Open dialogue box? - (A) Ctrl + F12.
69. Which of the following keyboard shortcut can be used for creating a chart from the selected cells? - (B) F11.
70. Which of these toolbars allows changing of Fonts and their sizes? - (C) Formatting.
71. Identify the volatile storage device amongst the following devices? - (D) RAM.
72. Web site’s main page is called its - (A) Homepage.
73. What is a portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options? - (B) Section.
74. To open an existing workbook, click the Open button on the - toolbar? - (C) Standard.
75. Which of the following requires computer memory in large amounts? (A) Imaging (B) Graphics (C) Voice (D) All of above - (D) All of above.
76. In which year a resolution ‘uniting for Peace’ was adopted by UN General Assembly? - (C)1950.
77. Name the instrument used to measure relative humidity - (A) Hygrometer.
78. Quesnsland and Northern Territory aerial service is an International Airline of - (D) Australia.
79. The branch of science that studies cells is called - (B) cytology.
80. The chemical name of Vitamin B is - (A) nicotinamide (B) riboflavin (C) thiamine (D) ascorbic acid
[Note : এককভাবে ভিটামিন B-এর কোনো রাসায়নিক নাম নেই। তবে অপশন A, B ও C যথাক্রমে ভিটামিন B3, B2, ও B1-এর রাসায়নিক নাম।]